Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten

Well today I sent my first baby girl off to school. I can't believe that she is going to school this year, the years just seem to fly bye. I was thinking that she might have a little bit of a hard time going to school with all these bigger kids, but no it was no big deal as soon as we enter the front doors to the school and found her teacher it was like see you later mom. "You can leave now!" "I'm okay Mom." "I can do this Mom." I think in some ways I wanted to see a little bit different reaction and then in others I'm glad that she was that excited to start school. Next week will be the first time that she rides a school bus and she is looking forward to that.

Ready for the School Day! And always asking me "Mom when our we going to leave to go to school?"

Arriving threw the front doors of the School. It is pretty cool they have a wall just for lego's for the kids to play with.

Makayla sitting at the desk. I think that you can see the excitement in her eyes. I think that I was the one not wanting to say good-bye.


Makayla and Me after school. She got to make that School is Cool crown. She was definately proud to show me and I was excited to see her face and it was definately filled with so much excitement.
If you are wondering if I had any tears. I didn't! I think that I handle the whole 2 hours pretty well but I guess we will have to see when she goes everyday next week. This week is testing week to see where she is at in school, she goes on thursday.



5 comments:

Bry and Amb said...

Yeah Makayla!!! She looks so grown up!! Bry and I thought about her today and hoped she had a great first day! Looks like she loved it!!!

The Wageman Clan said...

How fun! She does totally look excited! I can't believe she's getting so big already. Boy, time does fly!

Josh said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I had a two minute meltdown when i took Wyatt to preschool last week! Good work:)
Thanks for letting Justin & Meg take Kass down to Pinedale - Wyatt lOVED playing with her!!!

Josh said...

that last comment was really from me, kayla ... i can't remember my own passwords, but josh's don't seem to be a problem!

Julie said...

Look at my cute little Mickey! She is growing up. Tell her I miss her and give her xoxoxoxo from me.