Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fishy, Fishy in the Brook

You should know us by now and if you don't then you should know that this is what we do every summer. You know, pack up the fishing gear and head to the nearest lake. Clint came home from work on Monday and asked me if I wanted to go fishing on Thursday and I said sure. But we had a little problem with the Thursday plan Gayle was not able to go with us then so we moved the fishing trip up to Tuesday. You see we never miss a fishing trip without taking the Father-in-law. That man just loves fishing as much as Clint and I that he always is asking when were going to go and when are we going to rent a fishing boat. The answer is always soon of course. Especially when the sun is shinning. Yesterday was the most perfect day not to hot and not cold just right but I can't say the same about the fishing. You see usually me and Clint sing this song and we always usually bring in the fish but this time it didn't work so well. We only managed to catch 2 and had lots a bites but as soon as they would bite once they were done with the whole hook in the mouth. Dag those stubborn fish! Don't they know better? Ha Ha.
Well I had to catch a picture of me and my hubby together. I know that he hates picture's but without the picture's then where would the memories be. I love being able to spend this time with Clint and the girls. It's always the best to see Clint help the girls reel in a fish and see there face when there done reeling. It always reminds me when I was a little girl and my dad always helping me bait my hook and being there with me when we were fishing. Got to love the memories that we are continuing to make with our family.
Yes, this is the first fish of the day and as you can see Clint is not to thrilled to be holding it. Man what a massive fish. Oh did I say massive I mean cute little fish.

Then there was Dakota yesterday, still didn't care what we were doing off in her own little world. Adventure, should be her middle name. Climbing, trying to see what was in the water, and found out if you say there are fish in the water she starts to cry. It was pretty funny her sisters said
fish and Dakota started to cry. It was pretty funny.

Kassidee and Clint
These two look so much a like.
Twins I always say.

Gayle and Kassidee
Gayle had a fish on but he ended up losing it. Kassi was waiting to reel it in.






Clint and Makayla
She managed to reel in the first fish.



Dakota
Not really into the whole fishing thing but dirt was good.



These two manage to do everything together. Which is so cool to see and I have to admit this is what I have always wanted. You see me and my sister Julie have been best friends for a very long time and I hope that this is how Makayla and Kassidee will always be like. There's no one better then a best friend to talk to. They managed to find empty power bait jars and filled them with rocks and then who knows what they did with them.


The fishing trip was nice. I was glad to get out of the house and to the lake. Nothing beats being able to be with your family and fishing at the same time. Even if we walked away with just a few fish maybe we will have better luck the next time.







2 comments:

Bry and Amb said...

Your stalking neighbors were wondering what happened to you guys! ha ha! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!

Julie said...

Looks like you all had fun! Tell Clint he should mount that monster he caught, it would look great on your wall...lol. Kiss those girls for me.