Well I guess you could say that the day went pretty well yesterday for Makayla anyways for me I worried if she would make it to the bus and find her friends. She wanted me to pick her up but I told her no now is the time to start learning where to go plus she will have her friends to ride with so she finally said, okay mom.
Makayla was so excited the night before school started but as soon as we enter the classroom she got really nervous and didn't even want to go find her seat. But we soon made it there with a little push. I think what made her the most nervous was not knowing any of the kids in the room. But that's what's so nice about Elementary School you make friends easy.
When she arrived home later on yesterday I asked her how her day went and she said it was good. That's about what you get out of her. But then all of a sudden she was like "mom guess what I started crying after you left and school had started for the day." I asked her "Why?" She said that she already started missing me. I thought that weird last year in Kindergarten she was like you can go now, mom I'm fine. This year was completely opposite. That was definately unexpected. But as we were getting her ready for school she was so excited to walk to the bus and go today without me standing right by her side, so I'm proud of my little 1st grader and I hope she learns to love school and make friends like crazy.
2 comments:
Kali starts 1st grade tomorrow! She's pretty excited. We have full-day Kindergarten here so I'm already used to that part thank goodness! I'm hoping everything goes pretty smoothly but she had a rough go of it the first few days of K last year. They did a cool thing at the end of the year last year though. They grouped the kids by which classes they would be in this year and had introductions with their new teachers. Kali's is a new teacher from Idaho so they did a video conference over the computer. I thought that was cool so she could meet her teacher and she knows who will be in here class. Hopefully that will help this year. We're going to an event at the school tonight to meet her and see her classroom and get a feel for the school again. I think that will help too!
Good luck Mickey! You will do great! I sure love and miss you. You are growing up way too fast. Have fun in 1st Grade!
Post a Comment